Presenters will include:
The Governor and State Legislators will make critical decision during the 2019 legislative session including adopting a biennial budget that will establish the level of funding our schools receive for the next two years.
We invite you to join educators and community leaders on Wednesday, November 28 for AMSD’s annual policy conference where we will hear from experts on Minnesota’s school funding system.
Gain knowledge that will allow you to effectively advocate for an education funding system that will allow ALL of our students to receive and equitable and excellent education.
• 7:30 am: Registration and Continental Breakfast
• An overview of Minnesota’s education funding system by Dr. Tom Melcher.
• Looking at creating an equitable education funding system with Dr. Nicola Alexander.
• Advocating for an Equitable Special Education Funding Formula by Renae Ouilette, Lakeville Area Schools, and Marcy Doud, West St. Paul-Mendota Heights-Eagan.
• Presentations from AMSD member districts.
• 1:00 pm: Conference will conclude.