The Governor and State Legislators will make critical decisions during the 2019 legislative session including adopting a biennial budget that will establish the level of funding our schools receive for the next two years.
We invite you to join educators and community leaders on Wednesday, November 28 for AMSD’s annual policy conference where we will hear from experts on Minnesota’s school funding system.
Gain knowledge that will allow you to effectively advocate for an education funding system that will allow ALL of our students to receive and equitable and excellent education.
• 7:30 am: Check-in and Continental Breakfast
• 8 a.m.: An overview of Minnesota’s education funding system by Dr. Tom Melcher.
• 9:20 a.m.: Creating an Equitable Education Funding System with Dr. Nicola Alexander.
• 10:30 a.m.: Advocating for an Equitable Special Education Funding Formula by Renae Ouillette, Lakeville Area Schools, and Marcy Doud, West St. Paul-Mendota Heights-Eagan.
• 11:30 a.m.: Lunch
• 12 p.m.: Presentations from AMSD member districts including:
– John Carlson and Kris Davidson of Rochester Public Schools, about the benefits of a year-round calendar
– Supt. Astein Osei of St. Louis Park Schools on ways to use Q-Comp funding to deepen racial consciousness.
• 1:00 pm: Conference will conclude.