Using Social Media to Advocate at the Legislature
Following social media at the legislature provides several benefits, including up-to-the minute news, reports and documents, opportunities for involvement and the ability to share district information with other users and follow specific topics and committees.
Here are a few ways to get involved
on social media:
- Follow your legislators and persons of interest.
- Post questions to legislators on facebook or send a tweet.
- Respond to a tweet or facebook post regarding a bill before the legislature.
- Post a tweet about a policy before the legislature.
- Retweet a message about what is happening at the legislature.
- Share an article that reflects your position on a policy before the legislature.
- Share a district event, accolade or policy decision with legislators..
- If you visit a legislator or they come visit you, share a photo or message on social media about the visit.
- If you tweet or post about a legislator, use their handle (@member) in your post. Use hashtags or search for an issue hashtag and include it in your post.