Click here for a PDF of the Job Posting
| Director of Communications and Advocacy
|The Association of Metropolitan School Districts is seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual responsible for providing leadership and direction for the association’s external and internal communications. The position is responsible for developing and implementing advocacy activities to support public policies that serve the Association’s member school districts.
| Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- • Plan, create and execute external and internal communications including website, social media, newsletters, press releases, marketing materials, fact sheets, reports, issue papers, research and legislative summaries
- • Planning and organizing special events and conferences
- • Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint and Excel
- • Proficiency with social media tools
- • Experience with photography and photo editing
|Knowledge of state K-12 education issues and the legislative process is preferred.
AMSD offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Association of Metropolitan School Districts
1667 Snelling Avenue North
St. Paul, MN 55108